2021 Notestein Seminars
- Drivers of Health Inequality in the United States.
February 9, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Gracie Himmelstein, Ph.D. Candidate, Population and Social Policy Program
- Consensus or Conflict Over Ethnic Classification? Ethnic Categories and Political Attitudes in Bolivia.
February 23, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Belén Unzueta, Ph.D. Candidate, Sociology
- Educational Opportunity in America: Evidence from Full Population Data.
March 2, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Sean Reardon, Professor of Poverty and Inequality in Education, Stanford University
- Long-term Dynamics of Health, Well-Being, and Population Change after a Disaster.
March 23, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Elizabeth Frankenberg, Professor of Sociology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dynamics Between Regional Sex Ratios at Birth and Sex Ratios at Prime Marriageable Ages in China.
April 27, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Wanru Xiong, Ph.D. Candidate, Program in Population Studies
- Paper Trails of Immigration and Discrimination: Evidence from Chinese Exclusion
October 5, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Hannah Postel, Ph.D. Candidate, Population and Social Policy Program
- Who becomes a Principal: Demographic Dynamics of School Leadership in Texas
October 12, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Gina Del Corazon, Ph.D. Candidate, Population and Social Policy Program
- Measuring and Understanding Migration of Scholars: Evidence from Bibliometric Data
October 26, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Emilio Zagheni, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research and Affiliate Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Washington
- The COVID Pandemic and Infant Health: A Population-level Analysis
November 2, 2021 @ Noon - 300 Wallace Hall
Florencia Torche, Professor of Sociology, Stanford University
- The Misallocation of Women's Talent Across Countries
November 9, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Oriana Bandiera, Professor of Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science co-Sponsor Development Series in Economics
- Mobility for All: Representative Intergenerational Mobility Estimates over the 20th Century
November 16 @ Noon - 300 Wallace Hall
Ilyana Kuziemko, Professor of Economics, Princeton University
- Flash Seminar
November 23, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Filiz Garip, Professor of Sociology and Public Affairs, Princeton University; Arun Hendi, Assistant Professor of Sociology and Public Affairs, Princeton University; Bryan Grenfell, Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Public Affairs, Princeton University
- Genetics and Demography
November 30, 2021 @ Noon - Zoom
Felix Tropf, Assistant Professor of Social Science Genetics, CREST/ENSAE, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics